Military Order of the Cootie To Increase and Multiply is NOT just a Slogan www.grand-of-florida-moc.org
General Orders # 10-12 April-June, 2013
1. Membership: As of today, 4 April, Supreme has not publish the March membership numbers on their website. After checking with Steve, our Grand Quartermaster, he e-mailed me the numbers of what was sent to Supreme during March and it was only two reinstates from PT 2 and 2 new from PT 36 and 2 new from PT76. The Grand Commander informed me that PT 57 was also credited for 20 continuous that they had send in earlier but did not receive credit from Supreme. If these numbers are correct we are still 34 short from reaching 100% in the Grand. The following Pup Tents can put us over the top if they could sign up their remaining continuous members who have not paid yet. They are: PT 8 short 5; PT 60 short 8; PT 66 short 3, PT 77 short 14; PT 88 short 11 and PT 98 short 4. Our biggest problem right now is District 5. With the exception of PT 69, the other 2 PT in the District, and the District itself, do little to nothing as far as sending in required paperwork and signing up their continuous members. This problem will be addressed at the Grand Convention meeting in June.
2. School of Instruction & Program Book Distribution: The School of Instruction will be held on 13 July, 2013 at VFW Post 4209 at 9:01 AM. There will be a Hospitality Room on 12 July held at the Howard Johnson Motel in Ocala. Room rates are $69.99 plus tax. There are Pet friendly rooms available for an additional $10.00 per night. The Motel is located at 3951 NW Bonnie Heath Blvd. The Reservation number is (352) 629-7021 and tell them your with the MOC/MOCA.
3. Supreme Convention: Will be held on 25-28 July, 2013 in Louisville, Ky. at the Crowne Plaza. Room rates are $107.00 and reservations can be made by calling: 888-233-9527. Visit the Supreme website for more info: www. lotcs.org ( click on the "events" tab on the index page).
4. VAVS Reps: There will be a meeting of all VAVS reps at our Grand Convention on Friday or Saturday. The VAVS Reps are not part of the Grand mail-out so it is requested that the District Commanders who cover the area for a VAVS Rep to get the word out to him about this meeting. Each VAVS rep is to bring their VAVS Check book and the last two bank statements with them to this meeting. If the VAVS rep is unable to attend this meeting please contact the VAVS Chairman, John Barber at 727-319-3742 or e-mail him at email@example.com
5. Supreme Convention Delegate Registration: Under Supreme By-laws, section 534, each pup tent is required to register one delegate to the Supreme Scratch at a cost of $15.00. This fee will be collected by the Grand QM, Steve Surface and forwarded to Supreme as required.
6. Grand Convention: The Grand Convention will be held on 30 May thru 2 June, 2013 at the Plantation Golf Resort & Spa. (See Flyer inclosed) Election of Officers will be conducted during the convention and there will be many other events during the 3 day period. Please do not forget to bring a gift for the auction on Friday evening. The annual Grand Golf Tournament will be held on Friday morning in addition to a pontoon boat ride and fishing boat trip.
7. Election Reports: As of this mailing I have received Pup Tent Election Reports from the following Pup Tents:
2, 8, 11, 19, 36, 44,57, 59, 66, 69,76 and 86. I have also received District Election Warrants from District 7 and 11.
Pup Tent Election Reports were due to Supreme by the end of March. District by the end of April.
CCDB/Quartermaster Bonds: Blank Election Reports and District Warrants along with CCDB Bond Forms were mailed to the PT CCDB's and District QM's in mid March by me. The Bond forms can be sent in to Supreme now and Supreme will send your bond right back to you upon receiving your check. Existing Bonds will run out in August.
12. The Grand Officers and Staff extend their deepest sympathy to all the cooties that have lost a loved one and the families who have lost one of their own. To those who are ill, we pray for a speedy recovery
Henry "Hank" KorrectaDanette "Dani" Hernandez Grand of Florida Grand of Florida Keep'em Smilin in Beds of White To Honor & Serve our Vets